Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bubble Bum Inflatable Car Booster Seat - Why isn't this in Canada!?



Friends!  Have you heard about or seen this product - Bubble Bum Inflatable Car Booster Seat?  It's a portable booster seat for kids 4-11 years old or 40-100 pounds.   

I came across this seatbelt positioning booster seat when I was in Florida recently so I bought one!  Have you ever wished you had a booster that you could take with you on vacation, in taxis or in rental cars?  That's exactly what this is designed for. And the price point is great too - only $30 US. 
 
BubbleBum seats are currently undergoing tests to be approved in Canada, but they meet and exceed all US Federal Motor Vehicle Standards FMVSS213 and the European Regulations EU R44/o4.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it's approved for use here in Canada. 

Don't worry, I'm not going to use it before O is of the right age or weight, nor will I use it if it is not approved here, but I will bring it with us if and when we go on a Caribbean or US vacation once he is over 4. 

I really hope that these are approved in Canada soon.  Car safety is so important and the thought of not having a booster for a child while in a taxi or on vacation just makes me cringe. 

What do you think? Would you use it if it was approved here? 

1 comment :

  1. What a great idea! I would use it if it were approved. And it would be great to use as a spare seat for the grandparents too!

    ReplyDelete

UA-47769148-1