Friday, March 02, 2012

Our Menu: Week of February 25 to March 2

This week saw a couple of repeats and a couple of new things!  Some hits, and one BIG miss (well, in my opinion anyway...).
 
Chicken and Vegetable Stew
This hearty stew recipe is from one of my favourite cookbooks, Quinoa 365, and I have made it a couple of times.  The quinoa element to this stew is that it's thickened with quinoa flour (which is a tad pricey).  I don't use dill as the recipe calls for, I substituted some dry thyme and a sprig of fresh rosemary instead, but I'm sure it would be just as good with dill. If you'd like the recipe, leave a comment below.

Jen's Jambalaya
A rotating favourite that makes enough for lunch leftovers.  See this post.

Tacos (using ground chicken)
Nothing fancy, but we love tacos. See this post.

Skillet Rosemary Chicken
I didn't actually make it as per the recipe I found, but the original does sound good!  I was a bit lazy on this day so I just threw the chicken thighs in a roasting pan with some olive oil, lemon juice, mini red potatoes and a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary and baked it in the oven.  It turned out quite well!  Served with a salad and steamed broccoli. Click here for the original recipe. 

Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole
Anyone that knows me well knows that my rule is, "if it swims, I don't eat it", so I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to make this!  Well, I do know actually.  It was in an effort to try to learn to like fish (which didn't work) and cook on a budget (a success, tuna is cheap!).  I knew from the moment I opened the cans of tuna that I wasn't going to be able to eat this.  And I didn't.  Brayden and Jason did though and Jason even went so far as to say it may have been the best tuna casserole he's ever had!  So don't let me dissuade you from making this.  If you like tuna, give it a try!  Here's the recipe.

Cajun Chicken Pasta
Oh, this was yummy!!  It definitely packed a lot of heat though.  I made my own cajun seasoning using this recipe.  I would make this again, but I would go much lighter on the cajun seasoning by adding it to the chicken OR the "slurry", not both.  Here's the recipe from one of my favourite sites, Skinnytaste.com.

Bon Appetit!

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-47769148-1