Thursday, March 29, 2012

Double the Cuteness!


Way back 16 years ago when Brayden was a baby complete strangers would stop me to tell me how cute he was.  He was a very happy baby and really was the cutest thing I had ever seen.  I can remember saying, “I can never have another baby, there’s no way it could be as cute and I would just compare him/her to Brayden!.”.  Well, turns out that cuteness has happened to me twice.  I know that probably sounds like gloating or that I'm conceited (for lack of a better word) but man, Oliver’s cute.  Some days I just look at him and can’t believe the cuteness, and I remember feeling that way about Brayden too.  Of course I have my mommy goggles on but I’m entitled, aren’t I!?

When I was pregnant with Brayden I KNEW he was a boy.  I had no doubt at all and even bought blue bedding and accessories for his room.  When the doctor announced, “it’s a boy!”, I thought to myself, “yah, I know.”.  When I was pregnant with Oliver, I really felt that he was a girl.  Or maybe it was wishful thinking.  At the time I thought to myself that I have a son already, a daughter would be nice.  But always in the back of my head I couldn’t help but think of how much I LOVE baby boys and that if it was a boy, I would be totally OK with it.  I don’t know what it is about baby boys (and all of you mothers of daughters – especially people I know – please don’t take offence!), I just love them to pieces.  I have a soft spot for them that I can’t explain.  When Oliver was born (by c-section) we asked the doctor and nurses to let Jason tell me if it was a boy or a girl.  When Jason said “It’s an Oliver” my heart filled with joy and I couldn’t wait to see and hold my second son.

I may never put pony tails in a little girl's hair or build a dollhouse with a daughter, but I’m so very lucky to have two sons and I wouldn’t change it for the world! 

Brayden - 6 months, August 1996


Oliver, 7.5 months, March 2012

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-47769148-1