Monday, October 01, 2007

Our Brush with Canadian 'Fame'...

If you have never watched the Rick Mercer Report on CBC, you must. Even if you don't follow politics and aren't a fan of political satire, Rick Mercer's comedy appeals to all, including Brayden. I mean, how could anyone not find a grown man playing floor hockey in flannel pyjamas in the Prime Minister's house funny? Or how about skinny dipping in Northern Ontario with Bob Rae? Even if you don't know who Bob Rae is, it was hilarious.

On Friday night (Sept 28, 2007), Brayden, Jason and I went to see a live taping of the Rick Mercer Report at the CBC studios in Toronto. It was really quite interesting to see how a TV show is put together. Brayden loved it and was quite 'star struck' afterwards when we got to meet Rick Mercer, get his autograph and have our photo taken with him. Check out the photos below from our Friday night out!

The CBC building is a really a neat place to see as well. There is lots of memorabilia and the architecture is pretty impressive.
Brayden in the CBC building

As we entered the lobby after leaving the show, I was transported back to my childhood when I turned a corner and saw this:
Casey and Finnegan's Treehouse from Mr. Dressup!!!

I was literally dumbfounded and shocked to see it there in front of me... I think a part of me really thought that it was a real tree all these years. Mr. Dressup was my favourite show by far when I was a kid. Every morning at 10:30 I would sit down to watch it and my mom would bring me my favourite snack - crackers, cheese and pickles. Mr. Dressup and me were really tight, and I loved him like a favourite uncle, I really did. It was so great to see the treehouse, but unfortunately, just like when Mr. Dressup brought his traveling show to North Bay, Casey and Finnegan were nowhere to be found.

All Dressed Up with Someplace to Go!

This photo was taken at Edge Imaging's Christmas party at Glenn Abbey Golf Course, December 2007. We clean up pretty nicely!

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-47769148-1